Friday, July 25, 2014

Cambodian Libellago Lineata


 Picture by Hun Saven. 
The Photo take in Chroy Ampil Village, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I shoot this species when it is on aloe leave in front of my house in Chroy Ampil Village, Kbal Koh Commun, Chbar Ampov District, Phnom Penh city.  This Specie’s name is Libellago Lineata, the name I have got from internet. When I was young until I am now, 29 years old, I have never seen or been interested it. Maybe, it is one type of rare damselfly in the village.
Most insects were discovered during rainy season in Cambodia. I discovered two times in the same year of these species. The first time it is on mango leave in font of my house but I could not take it by my camera, but one month later I have seen it again then I shoot about 5 shots, most of which are not the best quality but I am happy to have finally got a good record shooting of this species.  This damselfly maybe habitat at big lake behind my village. Because the village located along lower Mekong river and National road No 1. If you drive your car from Phnom Penh to Ho Chiminh City by using this road, after you pass Prek Eng Market about 10 minutes you will see many large fields on your right hand. It is a lake field and the field will flood during rainy season form a big lake call “Boung Slarpchongva” located between two rivers, lower Mekong in the north and Basak river in the south.

 Picture by Hun Saven. 
The Photo take in Chroy Ampil Village, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Libellago Lineata is one of damselflies that has wings longer than its’ body. I search this type of species from internet. I see it is like Libellago Lineata in Singapore. Cambodia less information about this species. So, you gonna to see the record detail about Behaviours of Libellago Lineata in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment